Thursday, July 25, 2013

Roasted Garbanzo Beans with Veggies

Day four of our five day fast track with Team Beachbody and I am feeling fantastic. Now this recipe serves four, and originally calls for tofu, NOT garbanzo beans. I have had to eat new things this week, and have had tofu and do not like it, and neither does my husband; although my kids love it! I chose to sub in garbanzo beans. Our meatless dinner of the week, serves 4. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
5 cloves garlic, minced
12 oz green beans, trimmed
1 cup medium mushrooms, cut in quarters
1 medium onion, cut in chunks
3 medium red potatoes, cut into quarters
1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
1 TBS reduced sodium soy sauce
salt free all purpose seasoning blend (I use Penzeys Spices, Mural of Flavor)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375.

2. Place garbanzo beans, garlic, green beans, mushrooms, onion and potatoes in a glass baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and soy sauce.

3. Sprinkle with seasoning blend, and toss to coat.

4. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir every 20 minutes.



Note: Day five calls for a chef salad, but it's moms' night out! Sushi it is...I will keep it light and healthy with a vegetable roll. Good luck in your weight loss journey, or just enjoy this week's recipes in your normal rotation of  family dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment