Saturday, July 27, 2013

Chicken Chili Verde

Now that I am through my five day quick start meal plan I have to find recipes that are low in calories, filling and toddler friendly.  All the adjustments of last week's recipes can be time consuming, but completely worth it being I lost 3 pounds! Check out my post about Beachbody if you want to join me in a life changing journey or just learn more about what I am up to these days!

This recipe is from my trusty subscription to Cooking Light Magazine. Recipe serves four and claims to have 258 calories/serving. It came out amazing. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
4 - 6oz skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Mojo marinade
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 TBS olive oil
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
8oz (apprx 3) tomatillos, coarsely chopped
1 large jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 TBS fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh cilantro

Directions:
1. Marinade chicken in mojo for at least 3 hours. 

2. Heat grill over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the grill; cook 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink inside.

3. While chicken cooks, heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add oil, swirl to coat. Add remaining salt and pepper onion, sugar, cumin, red pepper, tomatillos, cilantro and jalapeno. Cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stir occasionally.

4. Place tomatillo mixture in blender and add lime juice. Pulse about 10 times or until a chunky salsa forms. Spoon over chicken and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment