Monday, July 22, 2013

Grilled Fish Tacos with Cabbage Citrus Slaw

This week I have started a new work out program called T25 by Team Beachbody. Along with it I am doing a 5 day quick start diet plan they provide. I thought it would be nice to share those recipes as well! Light on calories, delicious and filling. Being my husband has a shellfish allergy and as a result has lost all desire for any fish I will follow the same recipe and substitute the same amount of chicken where I use fish, for him and the kids. I have never had fish tacos, and still don't believe that it makes sense, but here goes nothing... keep in mind this recipe if for one serving; double or triple as needed for your family.

Wow! What have I been missing. Fish tacos are delicious. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
6oz raw cod, washed, patted dry
1/2 cup Mojo marinade (my addition)
1/4 tsp salt
3 (4 inch) corn tortillas
3/4 cup shredded cabbage (what I bought also includes shredded carrots and broccoli)
6 fresh cilantro sprigs
2 TBS fresh lime juice
1 dash cayenne pepper, optional
1/4 avocado, cut into 6 slices

Directions:
1. Marinade fish morning of so it can marinate all day.

2. Preheat broiler to high.

3. Remove fish (chicken) from marinade and discard remaining marinade. Broil the fish 3-5 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork. Set aside. Chicken will take a bit longer, cook until no longer pink inside.

4. Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.


5. Place tortillas on a serving plate. Top each tortilla with 1/3 fish, cabbage and cilantro. Season with lime juice and cayenne (if desired). Top with two avocado slices. Note: give the cabbage a quick steam if you are not keen on raw veggies or don't want as big of a crunch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment