Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pepper Lime Chicken

I am continually looking for new recipes to try while staying in the scope of a toddlers level of food adventure. I am lucky that I have children who will try new things, but I do know their limitations...especially when it comes to consistency. Going through my Better Homes and Garden Cook Book I found a fresh new recipe for chicken. I love bright fresh flavors in the summer, and am trying to get out of my winter cooking rut. This was a huge success. My only change is instead of basting the chicken I would marinate it overnight and also glaze while broiling...I will try that next time and update. I just think that would make the lime punch a bit more, although the flavors were great and the chicken was juicy. We enjoyed this with black beans and roasted broccoli and sweet peppers!



Ingredients:
2 good size boneless skinless chicken breasts
zest of 1 lime
juice of 1.5 limes
1 TBS canola oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Pre-heat broiler

2. Rinse and dry chicken breast. Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil and place in oven 4-5 inches from heat. Broil for about 20 minutes, flip halfway between.

3. Meanwhile, make glaze with all remaining ingredients (Next time I will make two batches and marinate the chicken overnight). Brush chicken with glaze, broil for 5 more minutes, flip, glaze, broil, repeat for another 10-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment