Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Round Steak Casserole

This dish is an all day crock pot dish. Makes the house smell delicious and is very hearty...especially the way I served it. I completely forgot I had potatoes in the dish and made a jasmine rice to serve this over; I wanted a starch to absorb the tasty juice.  It was indeed delicious and filling, just carb heavy. Next time I make this I will leave out the potatoes and serve over rice. Just my preference...experiment to your tastes. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 lbs round steak, cut into chunks
salt and pepper to taste
1 sweet onion, sliced
3-4 red potatoes, cubed
16 oz fresh or frozen French-style green beans
1 clove garlic, minced
10 3/4 oz can tomato bisque
14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes

Directions:
1. Season meat with salt and pepper and place into slow cooker.

2. Add remaining ingredients and stir the best you can. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or low 4-5 hours. If there is too much liquid, remove the lid for the last half hour. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment