Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Fettuccine with Pumpkin Sauce

Do not dismiss this recipe because you see pumpkin and pasta together… my skeptical dad, hesitant kids, unsure husband and of course me and my mom all LOVED this! I will make this a staple in our home.

During the holidays all you hear about is pumpkin, and I am a sucker for it. I love my pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin bread, and pumpkin pie. After hearing a friend make a pumpkin pasta dish I thought why not? I found this recipe in my holiday Cooking Light magazine and thought it was a perfect one to try on my family. Also another great way to get veggies in our tummies! I doubled the recipe and fed four adults and two children with no leftovers! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
8 oz uncooked fettuccine
2 applewood-smoked bacon slices, chopped
2 TBS finely chopped sage
2 garlic cloves minced
3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 oz parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper
2 TBS heavy cream

Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to package, omit salt and fat. Drain in colander over a bowl and reserve 3/4 cup liquid.

2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook 4 minutes or until almost crisp, stirring occasionally. Add 1 TBS sage and garlic and cook one minute, stirring constantly. Stir in pumpkin puree, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Add pasta, reserved 3/4 cup cooking liquid, and heavy cream. Toss to coat. Cook two minutes or until thoroughly heated. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment