Saturday, November 9, 2013

Crockpot Rigatoni

Here is my weekly attempt at a crockpot dinner. Calling it pizza pasta for the kiddos, two of their favorite dishes, got them very excited to eat and it was a hit. I even considered renaming this recipe to Lazy Pizza because that is what it reminded me of. I built the recipe in My Fitness Pal, and it calculates this dish, which serves 7,  to be 484 calories per serving.

I will definitely make this again and may even experiment with the "toppings." Leave out the pepperoni and add bell peppers would make a tasty veggie "pizza." Enjoy!

Ingredients:
28 oz jar spaghetti sauce (I used Classico tomato basil)
13.5 oz whole wheat spring pasta, cooked
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
6 oz pepperoni, chunks
8 oz baby pearl mushrooms
1/2 sweet onion, chopped

Directions:
1. In a slow cooker layer ingredients in order listed until done (I made two layers).

2. Cook on high for 3 hours. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment