Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pork Schnitzel with Buttermilk Ranch Sauce

Aaaah pork schnitzel! Before kids, before marriage, my husband and I went to Germany a couple of times and I must say I love that place. Great food, people, wineries, scenery; we loved it. We even got engaged there! I finally came across a recipe for pork schnitzel and I thought, what the hell, maybe I can bring a little bit of Germany back to our home. Although it did not taste authentic, it was delicious. The kids loved it and we will definitely make it again! I found this recipe from my trusty Cooking Light magazine. It serves four and claims to be 329 calories. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 TBS chopped dill
2 TBS low-fat buttermilk
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup fat free milk
1 large egg
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 TBS chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp garlic salt
4 (4oz) boneless center cut pork chops (I bought a pork loin, cut in half lengthwise and pounded thin)
2 TBS olive oil

Directions:
1. Combine yogurt, dill, buttermilk, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator.

2. Combine milk and egg in a dish and whisk. Combine breadcrumbs, parsely, garlic salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip pork in milk mixture and then dredge pork in breadcrumb mixture. Do that twice each piece.

3. Heat a large non-stick skillet with 1 TBS olive oil and swirl to coat. Place 2 chops in the pan, cook 3 minutes each side or until done. repeat process with remaining olive oil and chops. 

4. Plate with your favorite sides and top pork with dressing. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment