Saturday, August 31, 2013

Manhattan Glazed Chicken

One of my husband's favorite drinks is a Manhattan and so when I came across this recipe in my Cooking Light magazine, I knew I had to make it. I thought it came out super tasty, the hubs thought it was too sweet and the kids loved the chicken and not the sauce. I would definitely recommend it, but not sure it will be a repeat in our home. Enjoy!


Ingredients: 
1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil  
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves  
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper  
1/4 cup orange marmalade 
1/4 cup cherry spreadable fruit (such as Polaner All Fruit) 
1 teaspoon lower-sodium soy sauce 
1 teaspoon butter  
1 tablespoon bourbon

Directions:
1. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in oven and broil for 11 minutes then flip chicken over and broil for another 11 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

2. Place marmalade, cherry spreadable fruit, and soy sauce in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until very thick, stirring frequently. Add butter, stirring to combine. Remove from heat; stir in bourbon. Spoon glaze over chicken.

We enjoyed this with roasted carrots and steamed spinach. A complete and healthy dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment