Thursday, March 7, 2013

Roasted Broccoli

So lucky me both kids love broccoli...finally! My daughter always has and can eat it like it's going out of style. My son liked it when he was younger, then refused to eat it for about a year, and now likes to eat "strong trees." I have always steamed broccoli, and recently heard about roasting it. I finally tried it, and holy wow! I will always roast my broccoli from now on. There are so many things you can do with it. I will update this post every time I try a new twist on my roasted broccoli!

My first few assortments come from my Parents magazine, and the one we tried this week was Lemon-Garlic! Note: the first 2 steps are always the same, the change comes with what you toss it in on step 3...

Lemon-Garlic Roasted Broccoli
Ingredients:
3 cups of broccoli florets (no stems)
2 TBS olive oil
juice from a slice of fresh lemon
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1 clove minced garlic

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

2. Combine broccoli and olive oil in a zip lock bag and shake until coated. Arrange florets on pan and roast for 10 minutes.

3. In the same zip lock bag combine roasted broccoli, lemon juice, and garlic. Shake and place in serving bowl. Shave lemon zest over the top and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment